What a year 2020 is turning out to be, especially for all of us located in Victoria and probably even worse for us living here in Melbourne. COVID-19 as we all know is currently going through its second wave here and as a result, we are now in level 4 restrictions, which for us in Melbourne makes anything to do with the club non-existent. We now have a curfew at night from 8pm to 5am, so things are a little stressful for many. There will be a zoom chat for Wednesday 5th of August 2020 at 8.00pm and by the time you are reading this report, you should have received the zoom invitation.
As we were due to have our Annual General Meeting this month, I have written to Victorian Consumer Affairs requesting an extension to hold our AGM and produce our financial report. Going by their website, this will be granted and will come as no surprise. At time of writing I have not received a response.
Our membership fees which are due, and have been paid by the vast majority, but there is still a few outstanding. I need to remind club members that in regard to the Vic Roads Permit Scheme, if your car is on this scheme, you must be financial to remain on the Vehicle Permit Scheme. I will attach a membership renewal form in this newsletter. For those who normally pay cash at the meeting, all I can suggest is if you complete a bank deposit to the clubs Commonwealth Bank account, the details are on the renewal form. If you are unable to do it on the internet, the transaction can be undertaken by going into a branch of the Commonwealth Bank, all you need is the bank details which are on the renewal form. Please include your surname as the reference. For our more vulnerable members during this health crisis it is worth mentioning that you could always get a family member to do the transaction on your behalf, if you are unable to go to the bank.
Over the last month, as I am on the Nationals Committee, a committee meeting was held. It was discussed the current COVID-19 issues and the effect that it may have on the Nationals. We as a Nationals committee have sent a letter to all clubs (which is included in this newsletter) outlining the Refund policy if that Nationals were to be cancelled. I will stress here there has been no decision made as yet. I thought it would be important to mention that here so no misunderstanding or rumours otherwise. If the Nationals were to be cancelled, they will not be rescheduled in 2021 as the Canberra committee are unavailable for 2021.
With the next 6 weeks of us in Melbourne in lockdown restrictions, we will have a zoom chat on the designated normal meeting time of first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm. Club Committee meetings are continuing as zoom meetings as they have for the last few months.
In a positive note summer is only a few months away and won’t it be rewarding to drive our earlies, in the summer heat this summer and hopefully put this dreaded virus behind us.
More important than ever, please stay safe and look after each other.